Thursday, July 30, 2009

Precious Moments

It used to be so easy
I’d get all that I need.

I didn’t have to wake up
until I felt complete.

Now is a different story,
there’s reason to arise.
He wakes me every morning,
with a sparkle in his eyes.

How can I be so grumpy
when I see his shining face.
A smile that melts my heart,
and puts me in my place.

So wipe away the sleepers,
this time is not my own.
These are the precious moments,
before my boy is grown.

By: Kristen Lorraine Davis
7/17/2009
I wrote this one morning as I was laying in bed trying to get a few more winks of sleep, while Braden was playing on the bedroom floor. Watching him play and roll around my heart melted knowing this is for such a limited time and soon he will grow and be on his way. We are truly blessed to have him in our home!

No comments:

Post a Comment