Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Important

Be important, don’t throw it away.
Find out what it takes,
for you to mark your stay.

What have you to give,
what have you to say?
If it's not important then just go away.

Be important, don’t throw it away,
Living life so smartly, every single day.
If your not important and have nothing cool to say.
Why are you still standing here your getting in my way.

If you ever wonder,
why you’re born that way.
Don’t let yourself give into it
its only called mind-play!


By: Kristen Lorraine Davis
1/20/2008


I wrote this over a year ago so it’s hard to remember what exactly was going through my mind at the time. I think I was being facetious at the way people like to think that they are so much better than other people. On the other hand, I could look at this now and see that we are important and the way we live our life is very important too. So this poem can have two very different meanings depending on how you look at it at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment