Thursday, October 28, 2010

Healthy Cold Cereal Second Attempt

I finally got around to making this cold cereal again. The first time I tried it I was in August at my parents house. It didn't work well at all, but I wanted to give it another shot because, well it's cereal and who doesn't like cold cereal. This time went great and Braden (my 2yr old) loved it. It is a lot more filling than store bought cereal so you don't need as much. It's crunchy so letting it sit in your bowl with milk for a few seconds is not a bad idea either. I will give this an 8 out of 10 and I think with a few more tweaks like adding almonds or raisins I can make it a 10.

6 cup spelt flour
3 cup kefir
Soak the flour in kefir for 24hrs

Next day:
Add to the flour mixture
3/4 cup coconut oil
1 cup grade B maple syrup
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp maple flavor
1 TBL cinnamon

Bake in 2 9x13 pans on 350 for 25 minutes. Let cool
Clump pieces onto two cookie sheets and dehydrate in oven for 12 hrs at 200 degrees.














No comments:

Post a Comment